Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mission trip to batam, indon

my first ever mission trip, n it was to batam indonesia. was informed by ps. andrew tat he was going to batam to build a church there with ps graham n a few other aussies.. build as in literally build.. like with hammer, wood, nails n all..haha.. at 1st i was like interested to go n help out n hav an experience of a mission trip but then i was thinking, im a gal n how m i gonna build a building? the only other lady is dr. rina, a chinese indon, n AKF told me i can stick to her coz she wont b involved in the building. im gonna b on my own in another country 4 the 1st time..a little scary but i took the challenge with lots a prayin n askin God if its a rite choice to go.. finally i went. 7th march 08. left k.l n took the bus to singapore wif ps A... met ps G n 4 other aussies at the harbour.. felt a little awkward n left out all the way to batam from singapore. hav 2 admit i regretted a little bout going. we reached the hotel n checked in. i noticed the indon ppl were looking at me with this weird look.. later i asked dr rina n she told me something shocking.. some of them tot i was a prostitute! coz i m a young gal with these 5 aussie men n usually in indon, young gals with foreign men r prostitutes!! i was a little uncomfortable after tat but i didnt really care later on coz im never gonna c them ever in my life again! anyway,we could not build the church coz the land was not suitable. so we ended up visiting diff churches.. it was great meeting the indon ppl n listening n talking to them. Gods presence was there during the services. touching. n i was asked to tell a story to 120 kids in BM like 5 mins b4!..d last nite, richard(1 of the aussie) decided 2 play a prank on ps.G. We bought a durian n put it in his room cupboard while dr. rina pretended to tell him something! the next day, he didnt realise it until it was time to pack! his clothes smelled of durian a little. i felt a little bad afterwards but he is a sporting ps. n he played pranks on ppl b4 too..so overall, d trip was a good eye opener.. made me appreciate wat i hav n not to complain so much.. n i also missed the day where my spm results came out.. my mom helped me 2 collect it.. was really sad i could not take it myself coz i really wanted to meet my frens n also spm is only once in a lifetime! (will upload pics later)

No comments: