Tuesday, January 27, 2009

i finally finished knitting my scarf!

YAY!!!! *fireworks blasting in the sky*... I'm so so happy!! i finally FINISHED knitting my scarf for Grace Kwong Jin Li.... *bows to the standing ovation*.... thank u.... thank u..... XD

so yeah... its actually a farewell present i made for her, inspired by Melissa Chong who made a scarf for her fren who was going to UK... when i started knitting, i went to the internet to find the methods of how to knit.. believe me, it wasnt easy for beginners, learning off the internet!! i constantly made a blunder n got angry with myself... why cant i do it when melissa could?? so i asked AKF n also aunty jenny but they hav forgotten... melissa taught me during caroling but it was only for like 5mins? i didnt get the gist of it.... i waited till i saw melissa again to make sure i know the proper way of how t do it.. patiently, she taught me n i got the hang of it.... i practised a few times before i started to knitting the scarf.. it was really frustrating in the beginning!!

26th december 2008.. the D.O.B of my scarf.. coughcough... i mean, jin li's scarf.. lol..on the 26th, the YA youth were going to PD..i knitted in the car otw to PD... im the type who cant read in the car coz i would get dizzy, but i pulled thru coz time was running out to finish knitting eventhough my head was feeling heavy ade.. i only had 1month... whenever i faced a prob, i would scream 'melissa!!! help!!!!'.....' but 2 weeks later, it was smooth sailing... i sometimes knitted till i felt dizzy.. i even had blisters on my hand from the constant friction of the yarn on my palm n fingers...

so, after my grueling time, persevering to finish the scarf, i finished it... but i really really really had fun doing it.. a sense of pride when the job was done... waaaaaaaahhh!!! so proud of myself!! *teary eyes*..

me, knitting till the wee hours of the morning..
so dark..

kenn, trying a hand at knitting.. :)

me, knitting in the car.. i mean, van in windy conditions..

sifu helping me knit during the early stages

knitting till the 3rd ball of yarn.. 1 more ball to go!!

it is finished!! was knitting on the bed.. so once i was done, terus took a pic of it.. didnt even straighten out the bedsheet.. too excited!...

so, i took more pics of the stunningly amazing scarf

on the floor.. dont worry, i mopped the floor the night before... so its not dirty..

compared to a t-shirt

with the other scarves

upclose..

the gift 'box' containing the priceless scarf...

i would like to thank the following people who helped me, lended me a hand, n gave me advise n courage to finish this scarf..

1. GOD who helped me when i was down n frustrated in the beginning
2. Melissa Chong who taught me the method n helped me when i made blunders
3. AKF who helped me in the beginning when i had no clue, took me to buy the yarn, n knitted for me when i was doing something else
4. sheryl chong who knitted for me when i was playing RISK
5. Mom n sis who gave me semangat
6. Kenn, who also knitted n showed an interest that i didnt think boys would b interested.

No comments: