Tuesday, November 1, 2011

30.10.11 - a date to remember

it was a date to remember indeed. so many things happened on that day which made it feel like a really long day.. well, maybe its because my sundays have been the same routine for weeks.. church, lunch, home, pasar malam, bed.. this sunday was a little different.. church alone, having to make a decision on whether i should meet someone, lunch, being rejected by someone else, my other friend ajak-ed me out (which is the whole purpose of this post) home..

to cut the long story short, i decided to meet my friend at 8.30.. lets call her, TP. i know TP would be late so i ran my errands first before meeting at the restaurant.. and as expected, she wasnt there even though i was 10mins late.. and this is where smart phones come in handy. to play/withold your anger while waiting for people. she only came 10mins later and she was forgiven coz she went to fetch LY.

i was curious to what she wanted to tell me coz she didnt wanna tell me thru sms.. they passed me my bday present (i really thought they forgot bout my bday!) but i wasnt so interested in that.. my curiosity was burning! TP finally told me.. she blurted out, 'i accepted God'.. i just blinked and said.. 'what?' TP repeated.. 'i accepted Christ this afternoon'..... i gasped!! 'are u serious??!!!' TP nods...!!! i was so excited i couldnt believe it was true! she told me the story of how she accepted the most amazing God into her life.. (which i wont elaborate about here)..

'i think im gonna cry'.. i told TP.. both TP and LY laughed! hahaha... and yeah... i did cry.. tears kept coming out!! for a few minutes and the waiters were starring at me! u might think im over reacting.. but i'll tell u why i was so overjoyed..

its because i have been praying for several months now, for my close friends, those who are dear to my heart...to get saved.. to open their hearts to Jesus.. i named them one by one, to God.. almost every morning when im driving to work.. until 1 point, i thought to myself.. 'i think this is useless.. its impossible'.. so i stopped.. but a few weeks ago, i got my semangat back and started committing them to God again.. and that night.. 30.10.11, when TP told me about the most incredible decision in her life, i felt my prayers werent in vain.. but after awhile, i started thinking, why should i be happy? i didnt bring her to church.. i wasnt the one who lead her in the sinner's prayer.. i talked about this with my mom.. and she told me, some people sew the seads, some water, and some reap the harvest.. so im one of those who watered.. that really comforted me.. coz i know i did help in bringing her to Chirst.. in a way la.. right? anyways, im just so happy to know that i'll be seeing her in heaven! and such a coincidence, the JYJ CD that they bought for me was titled 'In Heaven'!!! cool huh??

i was so excited that i was in a good mood on monday (which is actually really rare, mind u).. when i thought of TP, i just couldnt help but smile to myself.. the heavens were rejoicing when she said that prayer.. a marvelous celebration by the angels... if this is whats like if 1 of my dear friends are saved, what would it feel like if all of those that i named to God get saved? that will be tremendously marvelous! (:

No comments: